Wednesday 9 March 2011

Jan Wittenberg (II)


Jan Hendrik Willem Wittenberg
(1886-1963)

Dutch painter and graphic artist.
II
(Some of his) flower & stillife paintings

My first acqaintance with artist Jan Wittenberg was this painting of red flowers in a blue vase which is still my favourite.
I cannot resist after showing Manet's last flowers and the works of two of his contemporary American disciples Stanley Bielen and Nancy Tips. These 3 posting receiving many visistors to this day. So I guess there is an audience for the flowers and still lifes of Jan Wittenberg too.




It's what I brought together from various galleries and auction houses over time. In no way complete. But Wittenbergs works are very seldomly seen or shown (together).


Pictures are mouse-clickable (left)
Several pictures I borrowed at http://www.simonis-buunk.nl/ , they have a truly great archive on many Dutch artists.

2 comments:

  1. The paintings are stunning, they almost seem wet. Luminous and lush. Very appealing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. one of my Dutch favourites.

    ReplyDelete